Fujifilm Date 60AF

Psychoreed

Reaction score
I was just at Wal-Mart and they have this Fujifilm Date 60AF Camera for sale for just under $20.00.  Does anyone know how to wire these up for game/trail camera's?  Sure would cut the cost if someone knows how to wire them.  If anyone does, could you please Email me the instructions?  Sure would appreciate it

Thanks
Psycho

Possum

Reaction score
Psycho, see page two " fuji date 60 AF".  Spectr17 has the wiring diagram pic posted.  Is this a clearance sale or a everyday sale?

(Edited by Possum at 11:07 pm on Aug. 18, 2001)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Possum and Psychoreed,

please read the FAQs at the top of this forum. I posted that pic to show the shutter was electronic, not to encourage peope to try and use the Fuji AF60.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
Listen to spectr17 - he knows his stuff!  This cam is *not* easy to use.  Check previous threads on this subject for more info.

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Pyschoreed,

One more time, please read the FAQS, especially the part about using other cameras. We can't make it any clearer.

Possum

Reaction score
Listen to them.  This is not a good candidate.  I misread the post.  Sorry.  Keep me straight guys.

Psychoreed

Reaction score
Spectr17,
I appreciate your attempt to help me, a newbe who wants to learn about making a camera.  I have done as you have stated and I do believe it can be clearer...A lot clearer...You told me to “Read the FAQS, especially the part about using other cameras”.  I did and found the following;
“Will My X Brand Camera Work? - Don't know. Most cameras go into a sleep mode and need a half press of the shutter or a refresh pulse to wake them back up. The cameras we use here don't need the refresh pulse or half press of the shutter. The only way to find out if your camera will work is to turn it on and see if it will trigger the shutter several hours later. You're on your own if you decide to rip it apart to see about wiring it. Whenever we get some brave soul to do this we will post the results in the "Other Cameras" section. We have mods for at least 8 cameras that are readily available. Please don't email asking me about the camera you have, if it's not listed I simply don't know.”  
So I now go to the other cameras section and I find the following;
“Fuji AF 60 Date/Time camera needs a refresh pulse for flash. Works down to +5 F degrees. Pic frame counter advances with no film in camera when shutter is triggered. Pain in the butt to reset it, trust me. About $39.95 at WalMart.”
Maybe I’m not the sharpest knife in camp but after reading everything as you stated, I think the use of this camera is possible.  Unfortuantly after being made to feel a guy who forgot to bring everyones beer to deer camp, I think I know the answer to my question.  It is possible but it would be a pain in the butt.  It’s too bad I had to come find it the hard way.  Sure would have been nice for just a simple “No”

Psycho

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Pyscho,

If you think this camera will work for game camera use, just ignore the part about needing a refesh pulse to keep the camera awake and the part about the frame indicator screwing up and knock yourself out.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom