G3 Goodale

Scott Taglione

Reaction score
Me and a couple friends wanted to see if any drew and or needed some help. We go over every year just to glass up a bunch of deer.

grinder

Reaction score
Scott,
I am interested in any info about the G3 hunt. I am just looking for info here. What the hunting is like, size of the deer, shooting distances, what the place looks like, etc. - anything.
thanks.
Grinder

lclevenger20

Reaction score
grinder did you draw a tag for that zone? if so cograts, that is an awesome hunt there are really nice size bucks up there. you can take a deer of a lifetime, i think.

grinder

Reaction score
lc,
I am the proud owner of one G3 tag for 2009. I have been putting in for prime hunts forever and finally it paid off. Luck of the draw. Now I am looking for any info I can find about the area. I am planning on a scouting trip or two before the season, but would like to talk with anyone that has also been lucky and drawn the same tag in other years.
Grinder

muleynuts

Reaction score
Hey Grinder, if you post your questions in the 'mule deer forum' you'll get more of a response. By the way, congrats of your draw.

lclevenger20

Reaction score
last year i went with a guy that had a tag and it was an awesome hunt. i scouted two times up there and was amazed with all the deer i saw. there are huge bucks 4X4's with 26 inch spreads and bigger. you should have no trouble tagging a really nice buck. keep me updated please want to see some picks

grinder

Reaction score
Iclevenger,
What can you tell me about the area? Did you camp? Stay in a motel? Did you just go into the high country for the day or stay there? How far did you have to walk? At what elevation did you find the deer? Anything else......?
Grinder

imnrut

Banned
Reaction score
last year i went with a guy that had a tag and it was an awesome hunt. i scouted two times up there and was amazed with all the deer i saw. there are huge bucks 4X4's with 26 inch spreads and bigger.
Wow, sounds like you guys did better than most. I take it the guy you went with got a nice buck?

snoopdogg

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna be up there during the opening weekend just cuz. Maybe we'll cross paths and point you in a friendly direction.

grinder

Reaction score
Any help will be appreciated. I am have blocked out the whole season on the calendar so my wife does not plan anything else for me. But do not know how long I will be able to hold out for a really good buck. I am used to hunting blacktails and even a moderate sized mule deer seems huge. Have to work on that as I think this is a chance to get a nice one.
Grinder

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a 09 G3 tag also. He'll be doing it with a bow and i plan on hunting there helping him. Looking forward to it. Ed F

lclevenger20

Reaction score
places to hunt

grinder there are a lot of good places to hunt around indepedence if you head up any of the mountains you find some really nice deer. a place to check out is division cr rd north of inependence. check out owens valley rd not all the way up look. Once you pass the cabins look down in the rock valley. the are some really nice bucks. You should really hold out for a buck that you want to put on the wall. send me an email and i will give you some more info lclevenger20@yahoo.com

grinder

Reaction score
Lclevenger,
I sent you an e-mail today. Thanks for the help.
Grinder

MtKrego

Reaction score
last year i went with a guy that had a tag and it was an awesome hunt. i scouted two times up there and was amazed with all the deer i saw. there are huge bucks 4X4's with 26 inch spreads and bigger. you should have no trouble tagging a really nice buck. keep me updated please want to see some picks

Post a pic of the buck your friend got to get us pumped up!

imnrut

Banned
Reaction score
Post a pic of the buck your friend got to get us pumped up!
I think he's giving us the silent treatment...

Hey Clev, thank you for using email to help out Grinder. That's how it should be done.

grinder

Reaction score
JRKPintail,
I can not seem to find it in my message space. Would you please try it again.
Thanks
Grinder

grinder

Reaction score
JRKPintail,
I received it that time. Thanks. I have sent you an e-mail.
Grinder

Top Bottom