Gale Norton at D.E.S.F.B.N.W.R.

Jay

Reaction score
Gale Norton the secretary of the Interior, which oversees the US Fish & Wildlife Service, was at the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge yesterday to announce that the refuge will get a million dollar funding boost.  But (and big ones are ugly!) half of that funding will go towards infrastructure upgrades for boardwalks, levee and trail repair.

That means you can count on some nice bird viewing platforms but probably limited or no additions to the refuge acreage.

With limited funding from the feds and the state in the red from the energy fiasco I'm betting that the Cargill salt ponds will remain in private hands another year.

jerry d

Reaction score
Think I'd put my money on SFO grabbing the ponds before they'd let the Fed's get their hands on them.

They seem to be the only logical spots connected to the bay that SFO could reasonably attempt to swap for their runways scheme.

Cargill could be setting in the "Catbird's Seat" to dump the ponds at a sweet price.

Gonna be interesting.

By the way, how did you boys blinds shoot out there.

Jay

Reaction score
The salt ponds shot absolutely terrible unless you wanted to shoot buffleheads. :cry-blue:

There's been very few windy days since Thanksgiving and wind is what you need to kick the birds off the bay and into the ponds.

Top Bottom