Game camera at new area

canamrider07

Reaction score
I have been trying to capture my shots with a game camera. I found this cattle tank that had obvious signs of pigs. I put the game cam out and the mode to pictures, for a week. Then I switched the mode to video until the hogs get used to the red light from the camera. You can see at first the hogs are really skittish but after a few days they don't care. Also, there is a boar mounting a sow as she is headed toward the water, then the fun begins...........

AS73

Reaction score
Awesome Video, Thanks for sharing! Looks like you need a few of us guys from he forum to help you thin out the population ;)

canamrider07

Reaction score
The faint red from the IR LEDs?
Yes, you can see the red light when it is videoing. I now make sure I can see the camera where I am shooting from to know when it is on to time my shot. When I use two cameras, filming the same area, when both are on, that "red light" turns into a bright light in the video. You can see that at the end of this video below. You can buy game cams without the glow, but the pigs get used to them after a few days, so I don't need to.. Thanks Steve, nice to hear from you......

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Man that pig was kicking up a Texas dust storm! Thats some cool vid being on the other side of the shot up close and the slo mo too.
A lot of effort for a one man show, really appreciate all the work u put into it all the camera angles set ups it’s like being there, thnx 4 sharing!....tra

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Are they used to the green light also or do they just not care about the green?

Bubblehide

Reaction score
Sweet Canam.
Steve, it is believed they are unable to see green light. Red is known to spook them.

canamrider07

Reaction score
When I first used the green light in the video above, the pigs were a little skittish. You can see in the video when they first came in, they checked out the feeder and ran off. Then came back 10 minutes later and got shot. The next time I was using the green light the same remaining pigs came back, checked the feeder and left. I then left the green light out for a week and checked the game cam pics. For a couple of days no pigs came in to the feeder. Then a big boar came in and then all the other pigs came in with the green light glowing. Except instead of coming in around 10 pm and after, they were coming in after 1 to 6 am. So I think they can see both lights in some way. And you can buy either red or green lights for hunting, so it is not an exact science. I have the luxury of leaving the lights on so either way, the pigs get used to the lights. You just can't over use them.
09140643.JPG09140688.JPG

Top Bottom