Game Trail Camera

2Deer

Reaction score
I have just finished my first game trail camera and see the need for a time delay between pictures.  I have seen the different sections on how to do this but am very unclear on what I need to purchase or how to install this device.  Please help.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
There has been a lot of posts on timers, you ought to go back thru Jesse's Main Home-Brew Site along with the posts on this forum and review the timer information.

Several good circuits have cropped up over the months, it would take too long to go into any detail on them but they are all discussed somewhere on the forum.....

<Research is the key>

Tinhorn

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi 2Deer,
I'm with Tinhorn...Research IS the key.  Use the search feature with keywords like "timer" and "delay" etc.
Just about every aspect of timers and associated problems will be found.

Archilochus

Possum

Reaction score
Also, check out the post on "Microchip timer for Homebrew cameras" a few pages back.  JoeD has a winner there.  I have used it and it does everything he says it does.  Easy on the batteries too.

gizz

Reaction score
Hi Possum
What's up with that timer?
Is it something you can build on your own or is the chip somehow programmed? Just curious, i've seen a lot of interest in it. Maybe I'll get one myself give it a try.
Later,
gizz

Tinhorn

Reaction score
JoeD gave a good speil on his timer and I see that Possum and Matt in Mo. have both tried them with good success.  

I ordered a couple, which came in today, Thanx JoeD for the fast response.  They are 8 pin dips, pre-programmed by JoeD's brother (I think it was) and appear to do great things and with good battery life.  I will probably Bread Board one tomorrow and see how it does.

Tinhorn

Possum

Reaction score
Tinhorn, Make sure you don't put the chip in backwards (I know you won't).  I fried one last night.  That thing got so hot the fire alarm went off and my little girl came running with marshmellows.  It is easy to put together and the counter is super nice.  You will be probably be pleased.

Gizz, I like the fact that you can switch the chips out and add new times.  I know Joe has two versions out now and probably will come out with more.

(Edited by Possum at 11:52 pm on Oct. 1, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and links. As you guys stated, these look to be a very good solution. I think I'll order a couple.
gizz

Top Bottom