Game/Trail Cameras

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Playing with the above mentioned for the first time....Bought the Moultire 100 at Wally World for $75.00 (Couldn't pass that up!)....I used it up in Oregon the last trip, but due to in-experience/operator error didn't get any real good pic's....

The best part, was the one below was 20 minutes after we set it and left.....

Anyone else using them and your experience/ideas with them....

Attachments

forkehornreggie

Reaction score
Ike, ya know what's funny is that years ago I bought a game cam off e-bay (homemade) and it worked awesome but you had to get the film developed. This last year I bought a fancy one (I'm at work so I don't know the name brand) that was a digital that had the memory card that I would exchange with another card each time. For the life of me I cannot get this one to accurately pick up objects. It goes off too late almost everytime. I'm going to really work on it beacuse it was a lot of moola. I'm sure it's my inexperience.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
That's pretty good Reg, you'll have to see which one it is....I like the digital and card aspect, just pull and go!
Just need to get someone with the know-how on how to set it up!

Coues

Reaction score
If you are setting it at a trail, where deer will just be walking by with no reason to stop, you need to set it so it is looking straight down the trail, not perpendicualr to it. That give the cam more time to detect the movement and snap the picture. The moultrie cams are a little slow to trigger.

Gyopo

Reaction score
I just set up a GS 100 a couple weekends ago.
It wasn't my ideal location, but there weren't many places to attach the gamecam to.
I haven't checked it yet, but am looking to get another.

Anyone try those zipdrive-things to store pics instead of buying (and losing) memory cards?

el_vaquero

Reaction score
Hoping to get one this year....waiting for WallyWorld to drop the price after the season is over (hopefully). They had a digital for around a hundred bucks.

rungunner

Reaction score
I started using cameras 3 years back and have got hooked on them. I get around 2000 pictures a year from 3 cameras. I have a spot in the middle of a crop field that the deer come to every year, they have a licking branch and make scrapes there every year so it is a good spot to get them early in the year - Aug - September while the crops are up. The next camera is put next to a bait pile in the woods and I get great pics there, I have never used bait until I bought a camera. The next camera I put in an area where they bed in early August and remove it by the 3rd week in September. I put my camera's 4 ft up and at a slight angle downward. I find that I do less shooting now that I have the cameras because I enjoy just going home and looking at the pictures. I am starting to learn how to pattern bucks by using cameras and by moving them to catch the animals moving to these spots so they are a big learning tool. Next summer I will have at least 1 camera that sends my photos to my computer so I will not have to go to that camera very often. I use digital Stealth cams and have had no trouble with them what so ever.
I tried 2 cheaper cameras and took them back to the store because of black pictures at night or pictures of nothing during the day so I would shy away from $100.00 cameras, just my experience though as others have had good luck with them.
I use both Infrared and Flash cameras and the flash cam gets less and less pictures as the season progresses. They sure are fun to use.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
Anyone try the Moultrie 3.1 MP cams?

WallyWorld has them for around $170 I think. Want to pick one up, but I think if I spend anymore money on hunting stuff this year my wife will have my head mounted on the wall......

Top Bottom