Game-Vu

marmot

Reaction score
60 clear B & W exposures, timer setable up to 60 minutes, infared flash, viewable and/or downloadable in the field, digital (no film) all for $400.

How could it get any better that that. Can we make these at home?

jayber

Reaction score
Don't fail to mention that it only has a max. range of 25' and that the camera cannot be removed and used separate from the unit.  I wouldn't rush out to buy one just yet.  I do like the idea of the monitor that can be plugged into the unit to view the pics.  I would be very much interested in hearing about a color digital camera that could be wired up.......been looking, but no luck so far!

Good post!!!

marmot

Reaction score
Yep, the sensor has a 25' range. Good point. The part about removing it to use seperately, I don't care about.

Also, I'm not sure you can download to the viewer but you can download to a camcorder, that would be somewhat of an inconvienence.

Generally, I do like the idea of a B & W digital. can we build one at home???

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi marmot,
Interesting post!
The infra-red flash sounds particularly  useful.  I'm guessing the sensor has a 25 foot range 'cause that's as far as the camera can focus.

Do you have a link to where you found these?
Is the "viewer" included in the $400, or purchaced as a separate item?
Any idea of the operating temp range?

I have not yet tried a digital cam or camcorder because they all seem to have a limited operating temp range (usually around +32 F on the low end - not good for outdoors in the dead of winter).  Also the power consumption is a problem.

Archilochus

marmot

Reaction score
I found it in the Cabalas on line catalog. I also found some info on it somewhere else but forget where. The $400 includes the viewer and it is available without the viewer for $300. The temperature range goes down to about Zero.

If you have a camcorder, you can view and download to it. They don't say if the little viewer is for downloading nor it's capacity if it is. Optimally, you could have several of the cameras one viewer/downloader, which would allow you to view it on the spot or take the images home. The viewer is nice and compact but for my purposes, lugging a camcorder around would not be acceptable.

The 25 foot range is a bit short, 50 would be much better,  but I could deal with that. Personally, I think a B & W is just fine and would probably allow more exposures as the B & W would require less storage space.

All in all, I'm excited about it. It is made by some fish finder company. Too bad they didn't consult us for our needs before building a marginal unit. Just a little more improvement and it will fit my needs perfectly.

(Edited by marmot at 3:55 pm on May 15, 2001)

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
What is the final verdict? Is it any good and is it worth buying? How about the quality of the pics?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom