Gamecaming is like hunting

bikehike

Reaction score
Well I have had my gamecam out for about a month now and have pictures of me, my dog and other little things. BUT not deer, I think this is great practise for hunting because you have to know where and when to get pictures. This morning I checked the cam and there are two pictures that are probably deer because the tracks in the snow go right by it, YES. I have to wait a little longer to get the film developed for more pictures to be taken. If I get deer pictures I will try to post them.

bmulley

Reaction score
Bikehike, I know the feeling...Hopefully you can wait till more are taken, but It's a hard thing.  I've used the half roll rewind many times.  Hope to see the pics soon.

davered1

Reaction score
bikehike,

first 2 deer on film after waiting that long,I would probably buy a new film and rewind one in cam and get developed.

I am very impatient,

good luck with cam

woodseye

Reaction score
I've found crossings at waterways-scrapes(in season)-funnels(cover between open areas)-and saddles along ridges all produce more buck pics than normal. scouting in the snow will show you travel routes to try.Putting out bait(corn-apples-cedar) will bring deer after they have been out a while.Hope this has been of some help.

uhunter

Reaction score
Ya it is great got a video camera for christmas, i am trying to film my hunts and just out videoing, want to a feild close to home. too close for hunting near the house but called in four coyotes in an hour got them on film it was great same type of rush as hunting, also got lucky and got some deer on camera while out quail hunting last weekend. trying to figure out how to post the film some how through a link.

homer

Reaction score
Half the fun is trying to find differant places to set up your camera to try and catch a buck,or whatever   sneaking by.

bikehike

Reaction score
Well finally I have deer pictures, I have developed two rolls now and they have some pretty good pictures of them. One thing I noticed is that the bucks have shed already and now I have pictures of does, doodoo. I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of a couple of bucks but not sure do too no antlers. I'm looking for a way to get these pictures scanned and posted. I will let you know when I have them posted.
Thanks

Top Bottom