GamePlan Over Under 3 in 1 Bag

voidecho

Reaction score
Well, I just got the Game Plan day pack I ordered and I'm pretty happy with it. It fits nice, it seems pretty versatile, and my Cat Quiver attaches to it perfectly. I'm not really a fan of having my quiver on my bow, especially because my bow is already pretty heavy, and the HHA site yardage wheel makes it difficult to attach a quiver anyways. So I picked up a Cat Quiver Mini which I figured I'd be able to tie on to just about any bag, but when I heard about the GamePlan bag I decided it was the one I wanted to try. The quiver fits very snug on the side of the pack and the rubber ties that came with the bag work great. It doesn't rattle around at all and hopefully it doesn't stick out too far on my side so that it's catching on things.

Couple negatives are that the pack is smaller than I expected and it's heavy for how small it is. I won't be packing anything big out with it unless I strap most of it to the outside of the bag. There's also some "extra" things that I'll need to remove from it to reduce the weight a bit. For example the fanny pack can be separated from the top bag and worn by itself. It has a whole shoulder strap system that's tucked into a pocket when not in use which wastes space and weighs a bit. I can remove it, but it'll take a bit of cutting (that won't prevent me from using again in the future.)

I won't know how well it works until I get it out in the field. I'll give a follow up review then. Here are a few pics.

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Nice hope it works for u, as far as compound bow quivers I have mounted and worn my arrow quiver every which way, with the back or side hip quiver mount style 2 set back points i discovered over time, with your quiver on your back pack especially pig hunting u wont have time to grab an arrow and load it to get the off the shot when they pop up out of nowhere and if u need another arrow u want fast access for sure. Another draw back is with back or side hip quivers is going through thick brush arrows get snagged and pulled out and sometimes fall out and later u discovered u missing arrows, I do hunt with a side hip quiver for my trad bow set up arrows are like 31" but I always have to make sure I don't snag them out going through the brush,hope this helps......tra

voidecho

Reaction score
Yeah, I may grow to regret trying this due to some of the issues you mentioned, but I'm willing to give it a try. I've already been practicing pulling arrows out of it when I'm shooting so I'm hoping that isn't an issue. Arrows catching on things when I'm trecking through the woods certainly could be a problem. We'll see.

Top Bottom