Gametrail Camera Problems

tcassady

Reaction score
I am using a sensor from radio shack with my camera, a Canon AF.My problem is that i can't narrow my field of view down close enough it doesn't seem to be the same as my camera's. Although i have gotten about 3 picures that the animal was in the middle (or anywhere in the picture for that matter) the rest are just of the woods the camera is pointed at. I can set the unit on my bench without film and set the sensor and shutter off just like they are supposed too. I am figuring that the animals are breaking the sensor beam and the shutter is working before they get in the camera's view? But i cant explain why i got 3 pictures with animals in them either?????? Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks

MBullism

Reaction score
Hey TC- welcome...

I use the rs pir and leave the three middle bars on the fresnel lense uncovered.  This seems to work well with my pf...  how many blank pics do you get per roll?  your problem may not be narrowing the pir down, it could be the heat, or the wind, or my favorite- the sun.  make sure not to face you came into an early or late sun...  I can count on 3-5 blank pics per 24.  I like to think the blank ones are a twelve pointer hauling by, LOL

M

woodsman

Reaction score
Welcome to JHP tcassady .
I'm with MB on this one , I did the same thing leaving the three middle bars uncovered,
As the weather starts getting hotter you'l start getting more false pics.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Tc, welcome to the forum. I use a 3/4 " hole for my sensor. I have also had to cover some of the lens with tape on a couple sensors. I think some are just more sensitive than others of the same make. I built those the  same and the both sense a little different. I do know they have to be aligned with the little circular things in the center of the sensor and like the others said about three lines showinf. A 7/8" hole will have about 5. Hope this helps a little. MC.

My Mini Cam

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom