gamin gps v or magellan meridan platnum

JMC

Reaction score
I want a gps for finding my way aroud unfamilur cities and back to the truck or camp in unfamilur woods in thick cover.  I have it narrowed down to a garmin gps v or a magellen meridian platnum witch do you think i should chose?  I am also thinking about the gamin map76S.  Also witch is better for hevy cover an external "patch" antana or a internal quad helix as this will greatly afect my dession 

Thanks alot for the help.

(Edited by JMC at 6:38 pm on July 8, 2002)

JMC

Reaction score
I've Got it pretty much narrowed down the ethier the Gramin Map76S or the Garmin GPS V but I was woundering if the V's patch antana will work in the woods with tree cover.  I would appreciate hearing personal experiences from people who have one.

Thanks a bunch!!:spin-yellow:

Topclamdigger

Reaction score
I've been using a Garmin76 and recently a 76S. Under a dense forest canopy the external antenna is an advantage. The antenna( GA 27C Low profile Antenna) amplifies the satellite signal. I pin the antenna to the back of my collar with the wire under my jacket, and put the GPS in my pocket. When driving attach the antenna using a magnetic mount to the roof of the vehicle for best signal reception. Try http://www.TVNAV.com for price.

JMC

Reaction score
I ment the patch antana that sticks up off the gamin gps v,  also how well dose a map76S work for navigating through cities with map surce? I woud also like to know how well the map76S works in the woods without the external antana thanks alot?

Top Bottom