Garmin 12XL info please.

Art338

Reaction score
Greatings to all. Although I have visited this web site in the past, This is my first visit at the new location. I must say I am quite impressed.

I have but two GPS questions.

#1- Has Garmen discontinued production of the 12XL, and if so why? It would seam so because I cant find it for sale at any where like Bass Pro or Cabelas.
#2-Although I can buy one at a good price, is Garmen, or someone else comming out with (in the near future) a significantly better model I should buy insted, or should I buy the 12XL.
I have resurched this model to death, and its sole use would be in hunting, and I had desided to buy a 12XL, as it suited my needs well.

Greatest of thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out with their knowledge.:handgrab:

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Art,

1st welcome to the site, hope you like it as well as the rest of us do.....

I'm not going to be able to help you much I'm afraid, because I'm looking for the "Perfect" GPS unit too and got it narrowed down to about 20 or 30 units    :eat-burger:

I checked Garmin's Site and it don't list the 12XL as discontinued, at least not yet

http://www.garmin.com/outdoor/products.html#basic

Just thought I'd welcome you and list the above address in case you couln't find it

Tinhorn

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Art338,

the Garmin 12 XL is a good choice as it has an external antenna hookup.where the regular Garmin 12 does not

you can find one here as they show one on their website.
http://www.onlinemarine.com/cgi-bin/SoftCa...7797+1011076028

this will take you directly to their checkout where you can see all about the Garmin 12 XL with accessories and prices.

their prices are the lowest i have found and i hear good things of them but i have never dealt with them personaly

their price for the 12 XL is shown to be $185.00 and free shipping too

good luck on you venture's
Later,

BlackWater

Reaction score
I have the 12XL  and use as a spare for my marine unit, and aslo the one I hook up to a laptop for offshore navigator and contour pro.  It has been an excellent unit for it's cost.

Art338

Reaction score
Greatest of thanks to Tinhorn, Blackwater, and Gundoc for taking the time to help me out with your input.
I will be buying a 12XL from the sight Gundoc listed.
Once again, thanks to all.

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Art338 ,

glad to help out a feller GPSr
let us know how you like it when it arrives

Later,

Billy in VA

Reaction score
Art338:
I have several GPS's nad the 12XL is one of my favorit.  When on the road I like the "Find City" mode. You just go in and type your city you are heading to and it gives you the location and ETA.  It kind-a keeps the bordoum down what driving 1700 miles.  Good luck and I think you will be happy.  Later  Billy

Latest Posts

Top Bottom