Garmin E trex

Strutter

Reaction score
I bought an e trex last year and like it.  A friend bought one today and it has moon phases and other neat options on it.  It has project waypoints as well.  Is this the new/improved e trex and can you update the older versions or do you have to buy a new one?  I checked around and can't find one that has the options his had  or they did not list them on the web sites I looked at.  Anybody know?

Strutter

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Strutter,

There's a couple different models of eTrex GPS Units, each with a different level of capabilities.  Garmin does make available updated versions of the software for the different eTrex units but eTrex Legend software will not work with a different model unit.  The different models range in price from about $99 to $300 (I think).  Check out the different models and options at Garmin's webpage.  www.garmin.com

Have a good holiday.
ToddP

PowDuck

Reaction score
You've got the basic yellow one and he's got the camo one. You can download the latest firmware for YOUR unit and if you have access to a PC cable you can update your unit. Unfortunately, I don't think the camo firmware will work in the yellow unit.  Has anyone tried this??? I have the yellow one, too, and would LOVE to have the solunar tables in it.

Top Bottom