Garmin Rino 650 ??

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Most of the guys I hunt with have hand held Motorola radios and a GPS unit. With the Garmin Rino 650 we could possibly eliminate one of those units and just carry a combo. Has anyone here had experience with the 650? Do you know if my other Garmin map chip will fit the 650. (Vista HCX) I understand that the 650 comes with a very poor base map. I am going to Idaho this year with someone who has not been there in 15 years. We would like to do some really long one way hunts. Knowing where the other hunter is without calling him would be real nice. I have used a Rino once that was someone else's and it was interesting to be able to track the other members in your group.
Is it worth the price to purchase 2-3 units so that you know where to meet the other guys or have you found that you do not use them much?
Thanks.

bsandls

Reaction score
I have a 650 and like it. It does take some getting used to and some effort to use. I really like the ability to find my friends but they usually won't take the time to learn it so it becomes an unused gadget.

Top Bottom