Garrity flashlight batteries

shufigo

Reaction score
I bought a $2 garrity disposable flashlight to use the reflector to enhance my flash performance. It took forever for the light to burn out. Has anyone measured the voltage and life of these batteries? If you're going to buy the flashlight for the reflector... hmm.

woodsman

Reaction score
I didn't try the battery life but the one I had was 5v .:smile-blue

MBullism

Reaction score
I give 'em to the kids to play with, read under the covers with, etc.  They kill them pretty quick for me (falling asleep and leaving them on...).  I just threw a meter on a "new" one and got 4.97 volts, for what it's worth.  Hey woodsman, how'd you get the extra .03 volts? LOL

woodsman

Reaction score
Your  meter must be off MB :smile-big-blue::moon:

shufigo

Reaction score
OK, assuming it's 4.97 (5) volts, is that usable??  Is the current limited down to 5V from the Reed relay? I guess if it was useable, we wouldn't all be cranking 9V or 6V into the system. Bottom line question: If I use these 5V batteries to power my unit (Owl with RS sensor), will it work??

MBullism

Reaction score
Totally from memory here...

I think the cut off for RS PIR stability was somewhere around five volts (5.4?)  I may be way off, but it wouldn't be the first time, ask my wife.  You could run two in series though,  end up with 10 volts.  I'm pretty sure the RS PIR has been tried without frying up to 12 volts.  Check the info on the main page though and verify my memory before you blame me, LOL

Anybody else help me out?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think Mbullism is right on the money, he's an Alright Dude!

Tinhorn

Top Bottom