Gearing up for yotes

andrew

Reaction score
Ok people, I need a suggestion as far as factory loads for my .270 on coyotes. Its my only riflle and I am willing to lose a pelt or two. thanks.

songdog

Reaction score
Keep shooting what you've been shooting through it.  It will be good practice.  It will definitely kill them.  Ironically, the larger calibers more often than not plow right through them and don't really leave that much hide damage.  Most of the really bad hide damage comes from smaller calibers going really fast and hitting a shoulder on the way in.  

andrew

Reaction score
Ok, I'll just stick with the Federal Premium 130gr. Sierra BTSP's I was shooting at deer last year.

nobuckkev

Reaction score
I'm with the Songdog. A .270 is great for anything from coyotes to elk as far as I am concerned. Looking to get one myslef. Although a 22-250 is in my opinion, the best all around varmint gun.

Kernhuntr

Reaction score
Ditto the .270. I have a .22-250 and a .223 but I take most of my dogs with either a .270 or my favorite .300 with 165 failsafes. It's just what I shoot most of my big game critters with and feel most comfortable with. Besides most of the dogs I kiil are in the Carizos and the pelts are pretty raged for most of the year so I don't worry to mush about that. Shoot what ya got.
"BE wary the man who has only one gun, he probably knows how to shoot it"

Kernhuntr

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom