Gee-whiz, I guess I am as dumb as I look..

rwlittle

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Man do I feel stupid (stupid is as stupid does). I received my used Badlands 4500 via ebay and just realized that I bought a medium sized pack. I definately need the large as I am 6'2". DANG-IT!!!!!!!

I was thinking (which seems to be dangerous lately) that I may only need the 2800 as my average trip will be about 3 -4 days out. Would you guys recommend me just bucking up and getting a new 4800 (size large, of course) for the "just in case" scenario of a possible week long trip in the future? Is the 4800 overkill for a 3 day pack trip? Or just get a 2800.

P.S. "For Sale. a MEDIUM sized Badlands pack." 2nd owner....although never used by 2nd owner.

JNDEER

Reaction score
my personal opinion is to keep the 4500 ( or just get a large belt for it, no need to get a whole nother 4500) i personally don't like the thought of doing multiple trips to get out one game...one trip in for a 3 day hunt with a looser bag,,,but enough room to take out the game on the way out..is a good thing, just my opinion..

ps - what you selling the bag for?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
JN is right. Just call Badlands and order a new belt. The 4500 is perfect for 3-4 dayers.

rwlittle

Reaction score
So the belt is the only element of variation in size?

JNDEER

Reaction score
to my knowledge...yes...i am sure the guys who have the badlands can confirm...but they are interchangeable...

you refrence your height with the belt. the belt is on in refrence to waist size...they say the medium is for 32-34" waist and larger waists need the large belt. it will not make the frame of the pack larger if you are a taller person.

Packer

Reaction score
If you have the medium it is built for a torso length of 17-19 and a waist from 30-34.
The large is made for torso's of 19-21 and waists from 36-42.
If you are a combanation of the above then you can mix an match waist belts and packs.

Packer

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Yeah the large pack is bigger in torso and waist, I had a discussion with Isaac at Badlands about that because I could have bought a large bag for a good price then swapped the belt for a medium for a few bones, but that would mean my sawed off butt had way too long a pack.

I don't quite cast a long shadow, at least not when clothed!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom