Geese at Wister

Cazador Suerte II

Reaction score
Heard that there were a fair number of geese using Wister and the Hazard Unit.  Got a pretty low pick for Sunday and was wondering if anyone had any recent information about the productive areas.  Thanks.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Caz,

Not to rain on your hope but I just got the bird counts from Wister for yesterday.

Wister

97 hunters shot 65 ducks and 5 geese

Hazard & Union

13 hunters shot 12 ducks and 0 geese

Theses are terrible for this time of year

Last year for me and my buddies at Wister went like this.

11/4/2000      3 hunters 21 ducks and 1 goose
11/15/2000    4 hunters 24 ducks and 4 geese
11/18/2000    2 hunters 14 ducks(12 widgeon) 3 geese

Things are definitely SLOW!

312B1

Reaction score
I went out to Wister at 3PM yesterday to get a couple of hours of goose hunting in and I didn't get squat. I only had a dozen full bodies out but since I had the whole area to my self I should have had a decent chance at the geese. I saw several hundred geese from singles to groups of 50 or more but I got nothing more than a few groups making 2 or 3 passes. Like I stated in a previous post we got 7 last weekend and 5 the week before but these birds we have here at the moment seem pretty educated to Wister now. We need some new birds desperately and not mostly adults like last year. A reservation right about now would seem like a complete waste to me.

foulshot

Reaction score
CS, was out there 11-11 also.  Like most everyone out there, we saw about 1100 or so geese.  Flyin high and not flinchin a bit at anything.  Then as we left ant headed south on 111, lo and behold there they were in the closed unit.  Hopefully they will open the unit back up soon.  Today was a crapshoot. 3 hunters 3 ducks.  The ressie did no good.  Maybe next time.  oh yea, I heard through the grapevine that most of the guys who report, don't report the correct counts!!

(Edited by foulshot at 7:48 pm on Nov. 11, 2001)

Advertisement

Top Bottom