Gettin started right

D13Hunter

Reaction score
full story and more pics to come

Here is one of the 2 from our opening morrning double the rest of the story will come when I get the rest of the Pics downloaded onto this Computer...

weight = 24.5
spurs = 7/8
beard = 7.5

Lumpy

Reaction score
Congrats on your double, 24lb is a pretty heavy bird!!
God Bless

gozarca2

Reaction score
we got a double as well, 8", 1"spurs and 7.5", 7/8" spurs

we spotted 4 jakes and 2 hens as we were driving up the road to camp (3 of us), so the day started out great. we couldn't get those jakes away from the hen, as the 1 person who jumped out, didn't have a decoy yet. the other 2 of us went down to join him and couldn't get them to come down off an opposite hill either. so we actully crawed up closer underneath them, placed a decoy and started. 1 tom (maybe another one) was really interested and came probably 75yds, but stopped there and it couldn't see the decoy yet...we shifted and it probably heard us....so we went back to camp and 2 of us went to the upper part of the property to look for different birds. We called every 150' or so, for a while. then on the bad side of the hill, above our pond, we heard one gobble around the corner, so we setup, then shifted again (cuz we're stupid), called about 5 times in 20min and the very last call, they gobbled. this time behind us, but just a bit down the hill. So we shifted quickly , callled once more, here they come. another 5min, once more lightly, i can hear them coming, they spot the decoy and walk right in in full strut. we had talked earlier if we see two, if either of us click our safety off, to count 1-2-3-shoot. so i pick the one on my side, close to me, click off, 1-2-3-blam. mine drops the other one runs towards my friend, i swing on it and he drops it.

we'll get my other buddy one, i guess that one (those 4 actually) walked clear around a mountain onto the neighbors property.

Attachments

RR1

Reaction score
Nice birds guys. Pics a little tough to take with still six days till opener.

Tominator

Reaction score
Congrats fellas
This is killing me, season here opens Tues....

Advertisement

Top Bottom