Getting a JoeD chip

SocialD

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been doing the research on building my own game cam and I'm about ready to start. I have already picked up a RS 49-426 PIR and a Canon OWL camera. Now I want to get the stuff that I need for a timer. I'd really like to build one of that timers that JoeD designed. The thing is that it requires a chip that I'm guessing, only he sells. I've tried e-mailing him with no response. Does he still use this forum? I'm hoping that someone here can either help me get in touch with him or help me get one of his chips. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
D-

Ganewbie

Reaction score
Hey D, If you don't have any luck getting in touch with him, I have few left over from the Owl days. I'll sell them for what he sells them for. Email me.

hunteverything

Reaction score
I do not want to talk you out of building your own game cam but if you really want one go digital. It gets expensive developing your film. I build my own controller boards that will work with digital and 35mm cameras. Let me know if you are interested in more details and I will be happy to explain what I am doing.

Ganewbie

Reaction score
Just need to add a little to my last reply. Joe D's chip will work with some digitals.

SocialD

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.

I want to use the JoeD chip because I can use it to go digital when I find a camera cheap enough. According to the plans in one of JoeD's posts his timer can be used for either. That's why I chose to go with that one.

Ganewbie, I've send an e-mail to you with reguards to one of the chips that you have.

Thank again,
D-

tireboy

Reaction score
I also tried to email Joe D haven't recieved a response. Does anybody know if he is still around or did he quit making them?

davered1

Reaction score
hes been away or something .I ordered some chips last week and h e emailed me saying they were on the way a few days ago.

ganewbie, email if you have any left you want to part with

His chips are one of the BEST ways to BUILD a camera from scratch if you want something a bit more challenging than putting components together

tireboy

Reaction score
Thanks so much davered 1, I appreciate the response. Does he still have the same e mail address or is it different? Because I tried his email on here and the one on the web page about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
thanks again.

Top Bottom