Getting around Angeles road closures

robbor

Reaction score
I took a drive up by castaic today and notices there are alot of dirt road closures and im tired of it. Im going to start making phone calls about finding ways to detour the situation. Right now I am thinking of an electric vehicle or equipment carrier. I dont mind walking but Id rather not. And because of closures it is a long stroll to many hunting grounds much less the hunting itself. So im thinking of going in for like 2 days at a time. I am thinking of an electric bike,scooter,waggon. The electric bike or scooter would obviously be to transport my myself. The next idea would be a electric waggon, little red gardening waggon type not covered waggon

I wouldnt mind walking but carrying the food and gear and gun would be for the birds. I would not inted to ride the waggon, im thinking that with it not carrying a person ther might be some loop hole???
I would appreciate any input, or knowledge of the laws reguarding this. I will try to start calling late next week.
I also think I may start and write some letters to officials about this.

I also noticed some roads just have a barracade and no signs stating no vehicles, just for knowledge.

bcgiesen

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes for you and if you need any help writing or calling let me know but for now I also will look into it, I have alot of friends with the Sheriffs Dept, I'll see what they say

Swinehunter

Reaction score
I myself am having the same problem finding a way up a closed road in D11 (Glendora Mountains). I tried to buy an electric scooter off of ebay, the biggest I could find and it crapped out on me 1 mile up the paved road. Now I'm stuck. I'm trying to figure out a way up that hill to some good hunting.

Good luck to you!

robbor

Reaction score
Well I made 2 calls today. First I called the Forest Supervisors office and they were of no help, they said it depends on the road and refered me to the specific office for the castaic area. I then spoke to a guy there who liked the idea. As I mentioned specific roads and what type of vehicle i was talking about he went and checked and said "i do not see a problem with that, it is fine as long as the road is allowed motor vehicles" Then I had to inquire, that if there is a closed gate then vehicle are not allowed correct? He replied yeas so I then clarified that they are NOT allowed! he replied yes. I love talking to trained chimps. So as the item has a motor on it, it is not legal and they can give you a ticket, of course if they can catch you.

I have an electric scooter probably similar to yours, but I was thinking of something powered by a car battery or even 2 to have a reliable 5+ mile range for hunting also. Im sure I can go on the roads I want to without any problem but am not happy with the constant bs from forestry closures.

Im sure nothing will come of it but I am going to write some letters about the closures and electric personal vehicles on closed roads.

D-Zone

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys. going up Azusa Hwy 39 to where it closes, last season I brought my mountain bike, walked part way and rode part way up to my destination when I was done hunting hauled ass down the hill. I figured If I did tag out I would some how strap the buck on the bike and walk him down. It seems to be hunting of the future with all these road closures.

Top Bottom