Getting back in the Game

DropTheHammer

Reaction score
Hello again. I'm finally getting back into the trailcam game. Been on hiatus since last Novemberish. Seeing OBH's recent posts have fired me up a bit to get some cams out. Especially since I made a great patterning discovery on the last day of archery season last. At last count I had 2 D-380 IR slave units and mini D380 ( P1120) unit no slave.

IR#1 D380 / Glolab GCT-1 / IR Slave Flash is ready for service, although I seem to remember some water leakage with it I may need to look into. Any advice for a leaky seal on a Seahorse case? (SE-120)

IR#2 is a D380 / x10 / IR Slave flash / P1150 case that had a water leak that burned out the slave flash. Need to check and see if Jon's board survived the burn and rebuild with spare parts.

Have all the parts on hand to make an IR#3 (just like IR#1) only with an x10 or my own board.

Haven't even ventured into the post-D380 technology advances. Have lurked on here briefly a time or two and didn't see much about the X10. Makes sense since that was mostly ****** game and it looks like things got pretty ugly b/t JHP and the other house. Glad I missed that.

D Letho

Reaction score
DTH ,

Welcome back man , its been a long time !

Always liked your post and advice ! Glad to see you back around

Don

DropTheHammer

Reaction score
Many thanks! Good to be here. Whats the latest on IR technology? Mine are still 2 layers of Edmund's IR PASS filter w/ a piece of exposed film between. Seems I saw on here a while back Otto and yourself found a better solution, something like bagging the film and going with just 1 or 2 layers of the IR pass glass???

D Letho

Reaction score
We have three layers on top of the slave ( no film ) .

Wow that was a while ago thinking back on the film lol .

Nothing really differant with the setup . Just three layers and no film .

Encore tried the sonys and said they were not good at all . I forget why but might have been the daytime part if I remember right .

Edmunds is out of the 4x5 till Sept. I think . You can get the 2x2 for $6.30 and just buy two of them . I do believe they have the same specs .

Would like to add Otto was the one who told me about the IR filters . I would not want to take credit for any ones work ! I just followed his advice along with encores . I just got lucky and my Irs cam out pretty good .

EDMUND LINK HERE

Don

DropTheHammer

Reaction score
Thanks for the the reply. I think I still have pretty good stock on the 4x5 EO material.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
DTH... Good to see you... Thought you got lost in the woods looking for all them GameCams you built. Them 380 IR Setups can be Mighty hard to locate in the dark, Scrambling around looking for a lil red glow...

Things have been moving along in the Homebrew world. P 41 4.1 Mega Pixels are Pretty hot Builds rite now... really give some HIGH END quality pics...

Dan

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
DTH... Glad to see you back. Cannot wait to see some of your pics.. Hurry up and get those things in the woods...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom