Getting bear pictures

BuckSnort

Reaction score
I want to try and get some pictures of bears,but I'm affraid of the bear messing up the camera.Have any of you had this problem?

davered1

Reaction score
Yep,

Just had a bear rip one of my cams of the tree 2 days ago.He bit it about 20 times,I used a lexan container(GSI) and he could not bite through it.:smiley-thumbs-up:

He did manage to put a hole in the fresnal lense,but i fixed that baby in 5 minutes and it's back out taking pics of the same bear.

What's a couple of fix ups to get pics of "dancing bears"

Dave

(Edited by davered1 at 10:56 pm on May 21, 2002)

wvhunter

Reaction score
Yep, had that problem last summer.  Bears chewed the sensor out of my cam, TWICE.  At the time I had the RS PIR mounted outside the case.  I have since changed it so that it is mounted flat and haven't had any problems since.  I use a metal first aid kit for the case and other than a few scratches it has held up well to the bears.  Twisted the devil out of the mounting points and thank goodness for using a chain to attach it to the tree, cause the bungie cords used to hold it tight on the tree were ripped up pretty bad.

But bear tonsils make pretty good pictures, but bear slobbers are a pain to clean off the lens.  :smile-big-blue:

homer

Reaction score
It seem that every time I get a bear pic he messes with the camera. I hav'nt had damage to the  case or sensor (PVC with sensor mounted inside). other then the switch covers and a lot of slobber. Make sure you clean the lenes before you set it up again.

davered1

Reaction score
Homer,

Mine to, every time they come in they knock the camera around, kinda cool ,seems they don't like the paparazzi!!!

marmot

Reaction score
I had a problem with them licking the lens, which pretty much obscures the final product,  so I made a spikey guard to go around it, problem solved.

Got two rolls of bear film developed and no lickers.

Top Bottom