Getting the new archery stuff together

OPAH

OK looks like the G5 100 grain broad heads this year, but still wanting a lighter shaft?
Revo what is the shaft you were using last year? worked real nice out of my antique Proline.
Just was looking man there are literally 10 to 15 different types of G5 Broad heads?
Fixed, Mechanical, OK back to Revo or do you have a great combination of Broad head and arrow you would like to share?

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

You want a lighter shaft? Why?? Momentum is gonna push the arrow for a complete pass through. Get the OT2 program and see what arrow is ideal for your DW, DL, brace height, etc. I like the narrower diameter Axis arrows at 10.3gpi and switched from Montecs to Exodus heads for the razor edge. Both fly great on my shafts but the Exodux gets points for being sharper with replaceable blades. OT2 helped me design the ideal arrow for my rig.

Revo2811

Opah I use the Easton bloodline 300 with the G5 100 gr 28.75"
But you have to get the right weights. I know when you used my arrows you liked how close they landed . But you don't want to go too light or heavy

Man of few words

Planetcat

You want a lighter shaft? Why?? Momentum is gonna push the arrow for a complete pass through. Get the OT2 program and see what arrow is ideal for your DW, DL, brace height, etc. I like the narrower diameter Axis arrows at 10.3gpi and switched from Montecs to Exodus heads for the razor edge. Both fly great on my shafts but the Exodux gets points for being sharper with replaceable blades. OT2 helped me design the ideal arrow for my rig.
I'm with Bruce on this one. I have a relatively slow bow and shoot GoldTip 300's at 10.9 gpi with 125 grain broad heads and 40 grains of weights. Penetration is better (in the block target at least) than my lighter arrows. At 14% FOC, they shoot good. KE goes up faster than velocity decreases with heavier arrows. Plus more weight equals quieter shots. I've shot the Easton axis too. They are a very good arrow.

Last edited:

OPAH

Need a lot of info for that calculator? What I do know Is with Revo's set up, I was faster, higher on the target, better groupings and still had great penetration and shortened my arrow length by an inch.
I think I'll save all the calculations for when I finally up grade to a new hunting bow! Looks like the
Easton bloodline 300 with the Black G5 Montec 100 gr, 28.75" will do for this year, that will get me a strong and accurate 50 Yards and a good 60 yards, Not planning on any shots farther than that. Thinking about Paper tuning with he new arrows, spending alittle more time setting up the Bow rather than learning to shoot the Bow as is. should get a better bang for my time.

CaliforniaKid

I shoot VAP arrows and get great penetration on any animal. 100 gr BH, entire arrow weighs 394 gr and love them. Even shooting through plywood for a test they performed great. Tough arrow and flies flat and true.

Top Bottom