getting zapped

arlow

Banned
Reaction score
    I was just wondering what is the curent record for getting zapped by the flash capacitor during a single modification process?:frankenstein:
    During the building of my first cam I think I got it 7 times!   Each time the shock seemed to get stronger.:hair raisin blue:    I think I need to work on my short term memory.  Maybe I know now why I never learned from my punishment,:hittin-stick: as a kid and my parents were so flabbergasted.  :rant-mode:

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I think the EZ did me in with about 10 of those suckers.

Taking it apart for the first time was bad enough without getting zapped every few minutes.

I never get popped by the PF's anymore.  This seems to only happen on the first time cameras for me anymore which is plenty.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I was zapped by some camera I bought when I first started that wasn't even usable as a game camera.  That thing zapped me 10 times at least.   The EZ never got me...thanks to good instructions.  I held onto the battery compartment as much as possible.

Archilochus

Reaction score
The very first cam I ever hacked got me good.... Only once, but quite spectacular.  I accidentally scraped my screwdriver across the exposed flash circuits - picture the bright flash, exploding bits off the fried board, cam flying across the room, nasty smelling smoke, and a healthy yelp of fear  ):-0

Since then I've been got so many times, I've almost got to likin' it  ;-}

Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 5:52 am on April 23, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
You know you've done a good job when there is solder flying through the air!

I used to work in a test lab where they had banks of 600V caps, and every once in a while they would blow up, sounds just like a bomb going off. I used to play with the "bad ones" by charging them up and putting a screwdriver accross the terminals, until once I couldn't get the screwdriver off. It's pretty much like a 1ms arc welder! I've been bit a few times, the worst was buy a 220v industiral dryer...dang that hurt!!! No wonder my hands shake when I try to solder the OWL!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom