• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Giant spike

treyisthename

I'm new to California and new to black-tailed deer and needed clarification on this deer I saw yesterday. I have a tag for a forked buck here in california and want to make sure that this isn't a legal buck. I've read the definition for forked-horned buck but wasn't sure if there was another regulation that allowed me to shoot his deer.

Thanks

received_2333997730198395.jpeg

received_496281671153000.jpeg

Bigolwiggler

From what I can see ....nope ... not legal. If it had a fork on at least one of those horns ( a fork big enough to hang a ring from ) then it would be legal. Then it would be kindly named a "spork" .
That IS a big spike !

jrappyo

Look for 2 points on each or either side and you should be good to let it rip

That one in the photos, it not legal. Huge spike tho. Weird.

Top Bottom