Ginormous Hide

Shane

Reaction score
Just received this first pic from the taxidermist. From my MT bull last Nov. Over 70 square feet of rug! It's the biggest bison hide the tannery or the taxi has done to date. I was originally quoted at under 50 sq ft. Now, where to put the darned thing!

For grins, I unofficially scored the skull at 106 and change, B&C. <O:p</O:p

Attachments

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
WAY COOL, shane! That's worth adding a room to the house for....

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Congrats man that looks so cool and the color is great!...I wish I could afford one...The skull looks very good too!

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Way cool !

That is awesome !

Congrats !

AZ Jim

boarhunter67

Banned
Reaction score
That's bigger than any I've gotten in and I've gotten in some monsters. Congrats.

One Track

Reaction score
Wow Dude!!! I'd need to add on. That's insane. Nice skulls too!

BigUglyMan

Reaction score
I stood looking at mine going back and forth as to what to do with it - flat rug and skull or shoulder mount. Ended up going with the shoulder mount. Probably a good thing too because the maximum weight you can ship on the bus (only real way to get it to a tannery) is 100 lbs. The cape had to be trimmed to make the weight limit. Still would love to have a flat bison though.

knifemaker

Reaction score
My first bull I killed in S. Dakota about 8 years ago, squared just over 84 sq. ft. It cost me $1,000.00 to have it tanned. Got it home and it made a beautiful living room rug for about 1 month. One of my grandsons turned out to have allergys to animal hair and had to get rid of it. Sold it to a Texas hunting lodge for $ 750.00. As for the meat, a bull that old has tough meat, you end up making a lot of hamburger. If you want a good meat animal, do not shoot any animal over 3 years old.

NastyNate

Reaction score
very nice. congrats, that will be a nice conversation starte and huge bragging rights!

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Impressive, mine was smaller cuz I had a shoulder mount done. The robe makes a nice warm blanket for those cold winter campouts when your sleeping bag isn't enough. Very heavy and very warm!!! Forgot to take it on my waterfown trip last year and regretted it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
THE ROMAN ARCHER Hog & Javelina Hunting 5
M Bear Hunting 9
dustin ray Taxidermy 11
#1Predator Campfire 2
R Campfire 0

Top Bottom