Give me ideas for Arrow Selection

chap_dog48

Reaction score
I need some advise,

Since I just won that Mathews Switchback XT I am now looking for some arrows. Any of you guys out there that shoot a Mathews XT at 70 pounds with 28.5" length I need your help, or a similar set up . I want to shoot carbon so I am looking for some ideas.

I will be shooting 100gr fixed broadheads(thunderhead 100, or G5 100).
Shooting out of a Deluxe Whisker Biscuit
True Glow site
True Fire Hurricane Release
I am looking at Easton, Carbon Express, and from what I heard Bass Pro-Red Head brand which are made by Carbon Express(is this true).

What size arrows 340 or 400 or others
What should my arrow length approxatly be
What type of vane (I assume Blazer Vanes with the WB)
Should I try the luminoc or the easton luminoc

Any input on arrows will be great. Like to hear from those that have the same similar set.

Thanks guys, Kurt

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
I think ive shot just about every brand of carbon arrow out there at one time or another and Easton has been by far the most durable and consistent. I have a similar set up as you and shoot a 340 spined arrow. Either the Axis or the Epic ST would be a great choice. Blazer most definitely if you are going to use a WB. They hold up great through them. For nocks if you are wanting to use an illuminated nock the Tracers by Easton have a longer battery life. Plus they wont be turned on accidentally if you bump them etc etc. Arrow length you could go as short as 27.5" but for hunting I always like to cut my arrows to the front of the riser.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I shoot a similar setup too but I shoot 125 gr heads. I shoot Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595's. With 100gr tips you could probably use 5575's. I'd take a good look at Carbon Express Maxima Hunters too. I think that will be my next arrow.

dwagoner

Reaction score
bought a XT but dont have it now, sold to buddy, and it was 70# at 29" with a WB and had CX maxima hunters 350s and they shoot well. There are alot of good ones so your budget will tell more of what will fit. Where did you win this? Ebay ? it sure is a really smooth shooting bow too bad the DL wasnt to my liking and i didnt want to keep it but it was really tempting but at 30" DL i said NAH and passed it along. Got a steal of a deal on it and now my hunting buddy got the steal deal, sold it to him for what i paid.

Raully

Reaction score
I've been shooting Goldtips 5575's and 100grn heads and they have been great so far. I also shot some Victory arrows and they seemed to group better than the Goldtips by a little. Bullet hole through paper was a little tighter to.

By the way do yourself a favor get rid of the whisker Biscuit and put a drop away on.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
CarbonTech...Might look at these if you get a chance also.....

jim in illinois

Reaction score
Ive been using the maxima 350's the last few yrs with great results. Pretty much indestructible!

chap_dog48

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I think I am going to go with the Easton Epic 340's with blazer vains, you can get a free Tracer nock with a purchase. I plan on buying 24 arrows so what I am going to do is buy 4-1/2 dozen arrows and get a free tracer nock each purchase so I will get 4 total that is a $40 dollar value. We shall see. Thanks for the input. Kurt

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
A little late, but I have shot Axis, FMJ, Carbon Tech Whitetails, Beman ICS Hunters, and BlackHawk Vapors before ending my search for my perfect arrow with the ACC. I have accidently hit a solid concrete wall with these shafts, and my Montecs, and besides a little file work to clean up the Montec both are still being used today.

Though the Montec is a practice head now.

I too would look at Carbon Express, if I wasn't so satisfied with these that would be my next move.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Shoot what you can afford.
But remember your bow will shoot the way you shoot it.
Consistency goes a long way. (Shooting form)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom