Gizz's homebrew game trail video camcorder

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I thought I had put this webpage up for Gizz, but it slipped by in the bussle of turkey season.

Here is the webpage for Gizz's plans for a home made video game trail camcorder.

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-videocam.html

There is also a link to it off the homebrew camera webpage. Please stop by and take a peek and if you have any ideas or info that would help out please post them here or email Gizz or me. Thanks.

Gizz, there is one question I had on the schematic drawing. The relay on the 555 timer board, I couldn't make out the part number, if you will post or email the number I'll add it.

gizz

Reaction score
Spectr - I used the 275-005A like we use on the Homebrew cams(just clip the NC contact) because I had one left over from those projects. Really only need SPST so any similar relay should work fine. Maybe Welby and Tinhorn could help us out here since I believe they worked on the timer board.

M

Michael

You're almost there, Gizz!  Great work.  I haven't been able to load any of your videos (I can't ever get anything on geocities, even by saving it to the local drive).  

I might be able to compress your videos a little more and maintain quality.  Email me one of your 2-3 meg clips and I'll see what I can do.

michael@texasbowhunter.com

Michael

gizz

Reaction score
Not sure why you can't download. It sometimes takes a while befor the "Save to" prompt after right clicking the link comes back but I've always been able to download...eventually. I just signed up for one of those freeserver.com pages and should be able to store them there. I'll post one when I get it done. I'm gonna try posting as windows media v7(.wmv) along with .mpeg this time.
Compression - If I compress with windows media player the videos are very very small but I was afraid most people couldn't view these types. I'll email ya one as soon as I can. Turkey day here in PA tomorrow so maybe later in the weekend.

gizz

Reaction score
Those are real nice Michael.
Didn't see anything like that here in PA today but we did manage to get a jake in for my younger brother.
I like the Windows Media Compression because of the much smaller size but when I try to upload to X-Drive or geocities, the sites come back and tell me "invalid file format". Any ideas?

Top Bottom