Glass

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hello All!!
   I read some time before, about some of you gentlemen are using a file to round the edges of the glass that you use in your game camera's. I use a belt sander, and round the edge's and the corners. This keeps you from having a cut should you run your hand around it. I use a alum ozide belt.

chadwright

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the glass to use for the lens and flash.  What is the problem that people run into using standard glass in front of the lens instead of camera lens glass.  Does welders glass make the pic any darker than normal?  I am looking to install my glass tonight so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chad

Matt in MO

Reaction score
I suppose household glass may not have the clarity/quality/finish of optic glass. I use the 50mm rounds goggle replacement lens found in a hardware store in the welder's parts area. 2 fer a buck fifty. Someone on TNDeer came up with that.

jayber

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question(s) completely, but I use standard grade glass to cover the camera and flash holes.  I bought a larger pane and just cut it myself.

(Edited by jayber at 3:38 pm on Sep. 6, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
One of the "Old Timers" (maybe Eagle Eye or Yotee) on the Tenn Forum said he replaced his regular glass with replacement Goggle Plate Glass and noticed it improved pix quality

A lot of us has used this glass ever since.  You get 2 pieces of pre-cut glass which is 2" in diameter (50MM) for about $1.50 as Matt said.

Specs from my  Package:

K-T Industries, Inc  Sheldon, Ia
50 mm Clear Glass Plate
Model No. 4-1193

Be carefull, I accidentally got "Plexiglass" which has the same package but may scratch so I didn't use it.

I got about a half dozen packages of the wrong stuff if anybody wants some  :E

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I used glass at first but switched to the camera 47 mm Sky 1a UV filters over the camera lens. These filters are about $10.00 and they are just like you put over a 35 mm camera lens to make the colors pop a bit. They really bring out the blue in a sky background.

Regular glass comes in diffrent qualities and the cheapo stuff cause harsh and wierd colors.

Steve Jo

Reaction score
Ive noticed in the posted pictures of completed cameras that some people are using what looks like little optic filters as the glass has a metal ring around it, am I seeing these correctly?
Where do you get them, how much do the cost?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Correct!
Yes some of us use a Camera filter lense instead of regular glass. I use a UV filter and it seems to make the pictures a little more crisp.
you can buy them at any camera shop fro $4-$20 just depends on the brand and size. The size really does not matter a whole lot because they are not going on a slr camera lense.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I use the clear glass lens from welder helmets,go to where they sell welding supplys and they will have them for about $2. to $3. bucks,i buy the glass ones,they also make plastic but im afraid they would get scratched up.

davered1

Reaction score
once again I'm with passthru,except I tried the plastic ones first and yes they scratched really easy.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom