Glolab board problems...

Skwirl

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hopefully someone here may have an answer for me. I purchased a Glolab GLMDA motion detector board, put all the right components on it, and fired it up with a brand new 9V. Everything works fine except the battery is drained completely after about 3 to 4 hours of operation. I thought these were supposed to be low drain circuits. I did notice the relay got extremely hot as well as the BAT46 diode. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I don't believe there is any components shorted out cause I replaced them with others to verify. Has anybody had this problem with the board?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
skwirl... I am not real familiar with that board, but you need to check and possibly replace the relay.. Also, double and triple check your solder joints and make sure that there is no stray solder anywhere...

Haymaker

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the battery might be hooked up backwards. If the battery and diode are getting hot that's what it sounds like to me. I think the Glolab board has reverse polarity protection, which will protect the board from this, but not the battery.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
My first guess, since it sounds like you bought the motion sensor kit, intead of the camera control board, is that there may be a solder bridge somewhere. The board is reverse polarity protected, so it should not draw and current if hooked up backwards. I'd look for a bridge somewhere in the relay circuit. Sounds like it is staying latched and the constant current draw is heating up the components and running down the battery. Good luck

Latest Posts

Top Bottom