Glue for Fresnel Lens

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Well, several sources that I have been checking into have said that there is no adhesive that will effectively bond to the Fresnel Lens material. I think I have found one!!
For those of you into RC modeling you may already have this glue on your bench. I have tried using the "gap filling Insta-Cure CY" with good results.
Part of the process involves prepping the lens and housing, and to do this I have been using my Dremel with a stainless steel brush. I scuff both surfaces with the Dremel, lay a bead of the CY down and let is set for a few moments then set the lens down on the bead and apply light pressure until set.
I use the pelican case which is an ABS plastic but once scuffed up it bonds real well.
You can pick up the adhesive at just about any Hobby shop.
By the way, I use the brush because it will not leave any residue behind.

gizz

Reaction score
I've been using Clear Silicone without any problems.

Gun Docc

Reaction score
3M super weatherstrip adhesive works the best for me as it really holds and is waterproof afterwards.

just rough up the surface of the fresnal lense with a piece of course sandpaper around the edges where the glue is to be applied then put a little glue on each, some on the fresnal lense and some on the enclosure  where the lense is to be glued down then let each dry to the touch.
next stick it into place being sure you got it positioned right because you will not get another chance to move it if your off a bit without some trouble....lol

afterwards i put a bead of silicone over this around the edges to make a double seal and have yet to have any of them that i have glued this way come loose.

Later,

Matt in MO

Reaction score
I think GOOP - Automotive Sealant and Adhesive ranks right up there with duct tape and baling wire. Red Green would agree!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Nooo Red Green would never turn his back on Duct tape,Say it isnt true!! lol

Curtiss

Reaction score
This the way that we do it, if it will help anyone. We put a little RTV around the fresnal len, then rivet it on with a backing plate. If you ever need to change the frensal, it is done easily. Its very secure this way.

Top Bottom