Glue

doobie

Reaction score
I used hot glue, but after the first full day in the field the items in the box had come loose. Any thoughts on what would be better and yet simply to apply?
Thanks.

KANSASBUCKHUNTER

Reaction score
What "items" are you glueing? I use hot melt to hold down the bottom part of my setups and have not had any problems.

doobie

Reaction score
I have glued the battery containers and the RS box for the board down. The RS box is attached to the door and the camera sits on top of it. When I opened the door after the first day it was no longer glued in place. I thought perhaps the heat of the day effected it.

Any idea where I can get marine goop? Is the something from a harware store or from a boat shop?

commandoking

Reaction score
home depot has it. I also rivit my shelfs and batt holders in place

bayedsolid

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
There is a glue that you can buy at lumber yards and probably at most hardware stores called Gorilla Glue. The stuff works incredibly well on just about any material at all. It doesn't look like much when you first try to glue something but once it's dried it's pretty much stronger than anything you glue together.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
You need to make sure you sand or scuff up the areas that you are putting hot glue on.. It gets well over a hundred degrees here and I do not have any problems.. In fact, I spent a good 45 minutes getting a board out of a project box that I had hot glued in the other night...

You can get the marine goop and the gorilla glue at Home Depot...

bat

Reaction score
If you use Hot Glue, get the HI-Temp Hot Glue. It will hold much better, sand the area like Coondog says and it should do well.
bat

jayber

Reaction score
I had problems with hot glue awhile back and abandoned it altogether. My vote is for 100% silicone! Give it a try, clear or black. It cleans up much easier than the marine goop and has held everything I've needed it to (shelves, brackets, lens, glass, mounting screws, etc.).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom