Going to scout for dove

deadducks

Reaction score
Well I'm making a trip down to the Wister / Imperial Valley area to check some dove spots this friday 08-16.  If you have a spot you would like checked let me know on here or email me.  I will do my best to check it out for you.  I will post results late Friday or early Sat. morning.  If you dont want your spot posted on, I can email my findings back to you.  Don't worry I will not hunt your area on the opener.  The O.C. Sheriff's Dept. wont let me have the day off.  First opener I've missed in about 8 years.  I'm not a happy camper.  Hope this helps some of you out if your not able to make a scouting trip prior to the opener.  Good luck out there.

foulshot

Reaction score
Deadducks, if your'e taking suggestions, are you going to look around the fields that DWU has planted?  I don't think that any of these fields are secret spots.  Most of them are around Niland.  If you see anything worthwhile you can post here.  Last year DWU had the fields posted with signs saying something to the effect of "this field compliments of Desert Wildlife Unlimited".

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if DWU is releasing pheansant already so that they can become "wild" before the pheasant opener?

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
These are the pheasants that they are planning on releasing.  I'm not that familiar with the details for the project, but I'm assuming that these will be pretty young to harvest this year.  I thought I heard somewhere that the mortality rate is pretty high and it will take several years for these birds to make a big impact on the harvest numbers.

Top Bottom