• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Gold n trout

Bankrunner

Got some business in the Sac area over the next few weeks or more so i'm planning afternoon trips to visit some old stomping grounds.
The first one will be next week into an area that has produced in the past. I'll have my pole, my crevice tools, my pan and maybe even the mini sluice in the backpack. The maybe on the mini sluice is because it operates best if you classify the material down to a 1/4", so I'd need to take in a bucket and the screen. It'll be in the truck but just thinking about it, maybe the best thing to do is cover some ground while fishing and keeping an eye out for crevices that hold a picker or two.
Haven't decided yet on car camping up in the mountains vs staying in a motel down in town but i'll have all the gear in the truck.
Some of the fun, a lot of the fun is planning and looking forward to these trips, just wanted to share that with like minded people.

P304X4

Sounds like fun, my old haunt in Sacramento was a short ways southwest of the fair grounds in the '50s. Good luck finding the yeller stuff.

Bankrunner

Didn't find the elusive pocket of pickers but did end up with some small flakes and some dust (very small amount). Spent some time moving upstream checking a few cracks and then decided to fish. Caught four small native rainbows in pretty short order that ended up wrapped in foil and cooked for dinner. There was some fairly fresh bear scat down there, an old tennis shoe and a digging bar that was long forgotten. I left the bear shit in the woods and packed out the rest with my trout.
The goose berries are getting ripe at about 5k and the manzanitas were loaded with berries that were still mostly green.

Top Bottom