Gone For a Week

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Enjoy my friend. Pull in a big muskie if you can!

superduty

Reaction score
Take it safe.
I need to get out from under my chores and sink a line too now that you mention it.

upperEA

Reaction score
Heck brother a little closer and we could tip a few together. Looks like yer about 300 miles away. Have a great trip, hope the weather gets a little better for ya.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Make sure to take some pictures and can't wait for the stories!

inchr48

Reaction score
Back to the daily grind. Enjoyed the week away, and have lots of panfish fillets in the freezer. Lost a mid-40 inch Musky that hit a surface bait (Hawg Wobbler) 15' from the boat. Got about 5 head shakes and the bait popped out. Had another bite a crappie off from under my slip bobber. Picked up a 16 1/2" Smallmouth and a Largemouth just smaller. Buddy landed a 26" Northern on his Ultralight.
Northwest winds all week, sometimes 30 mph. We only got stormed off the water twice. Fished three different lakes. Barron County has 240 or so named lakes.

Here's Wednesday's Full Moon:

[attachment=52694:Rice_Lake_Moon.jpg]

Attachments

bodega

Reaction score
Hey Inchr - Do you have a recommendation for a house and boat rental out there? I'm looking for a place to take my parents fishing. Last few years we've gone to Ely, Minnesota, and I'm looking for something a little closer to Chicago where they live.

inchr48

Reaction score
This trip we stayed at my friend's cousin's place, and took my boat. He does not rent a boat out. I've fished mainly more north in Wisconsin, from Eagle River to Hayward. Plenty of places offering what you need. Try this for starters:

http://www.explorewisconsin.com/index.html

If you want specifics on where I've been let me know.

upperEA

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome vacation. If you ever get a chance to make it up this way the DNR has done a fairly aggressive stocking program for Muskie up here at three lakes just north of me. They have pretty stringent rules on the lakes, size limit of 50 inches, and you only get to keep one fish pre day, most guys that fish these Muskie don't keep them anyways, i'm sure you are of the same mind set 48. Here is the stocking info and maps of the three lakes. Heck they are not real big lakes, 150 or so acres so the lakes are easy to navigate and the weather isn't to much of a concern.
[attachment=52849:stocking_data.jpg]
[attachment=52850:big_island_lake.jpg]
[attachment=52851:mckeever_lake.jpg]
[attachment=52852:cusino_lake.jpg]

Attachments

inchr48

Reaction score
I'll be in Hayward in September, almost to the UP. Maybe next year I'll make it up there. We are planning to fish more MI lakes next year.

Thanks for the maps and info!

Yep, we're all catch, photograph, and release (CPR).

Top Bottom