• We will be migrating the forum to new hosting soon. When that is ready to go, the forums will be turned off to new posting until we arrive at the new server. If all goes well, we should be up and running at the new server within 24 hours, usually less. The new DNS information can take a while to propagate across the various DNS centers but you'll know when tou are accessing the new version because you'll see a new notice.

Good Moose Hunt

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Those bugs were full of protein...and you never used the bug spray...or I never offered it...but hey, let's not get lost in the details...!

Wild1

Reaction score
Well done!! Looking forward to the details. Who'd you fly with…? I'm guessing Papa Bear, 40 Mile or Golden Eagle (?).

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Waiting for the story. Congrats on the big boys.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Wow. DAYUM man... Moose are just so dang big!. Hats off to you, man.

Plain ol' Steve

Reaction score
First off... Congratulations that looks like a dream hunt and a dream animal... Wat yo go.

Secondly, I have heard that moose need to be a certain number of points or width to be legal for a non- resident to take. So I am curiouse, how many points would that be considered for that purpose? Do you count both sides? Do points need to exceed a minmum length?

Thanks,
POS

Last edited:

waldo2382

Reaction score
First off... Congratulations that looks like a dream hunt and a dream animal... Wat yo go.

Secondly, I have heard that moose need to be a certain number of points or width to be legal for a non- resident to take. So I am curiouse, how many points would that be considered for that purpose? Do you count both sides? Do points need to exceed a minmum length?

Thanks,
POS
The regs for most, if not all areas in Alaska for non-residents is at least 4 brow tines on one side or 50 inch spread or greater (widest width at no angle.) That moose has 4 brow tines on it's right side (legal) and measured 63 inches wide (also legal.) A party that was hunting another spot that flew out the same day shot one that was 47" and the troopers confiscated the meat, antlers and I'm not sure what the fine is. For residents in the same area that we were in, it is any bull. As long as it has antlers, it can be shot by a resident Alaskan. Not all areas are like that for residents.

Top Bottom