Good news for Elk, Wolves off endangered species list

TwoShot

Reaction score
Politics as usual, took strong arm rather than common sense. I did find it amusing that this news came from the BBC and not an American news agency.

suavegato

Reaction score
YAHOO!!! Can't wait to make me a jacket & matching gloves and maybe a Mtn. Lion scarf! I still laugh however cause even here they say "Grey Wolf"... and as I understand it, it was the NON-indigenous Canadian Timber Wolf that was "Re-introduce" (for the first time) in those areas.

Orygun

Reaction score
"We may soon be witnessing the second large-scale extermination of wolves in the West,"
Hyperbole much there Ms, Wolf lover person?

There has been a naturalized spread of Canadian wolves from Glacier National Park. That population didn't explode like the transplants did. Oregon has them under state protection until we get 4 established breeding pairs. Many want them established in the big wild park on the west boundary of Portland where the people live who want them and not the east side of the state where they people don't.

easymoney

Reaction score
If this truly comes to pass, it will help you guys in OR, ID and UT. And if anyone wants to see some wolves just drive between John Day and Vale sometme...

LuckyGunner

Reaction score
It's been long over due to get them removed from the list. Sadly as others have sad politics have been at work and this could have been updated much sooner.

subfan

Reaction score
Should have been done a long, long, time ago!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom