Good Pic from Leaf River

BigSwad

Reaction score
Well we got a few good pics of a nice buck from our Leaf River unit this past weekend. We were very excited! We have 2 Leaf River units down there, one the regular unit and the other the IR unit. The regular unit (DC-1) took these and 397 other pictures. In 10 days, the IR took 1400 photos, and maxed out the one gig card. Great time looking at them all, and several other really nice bucks there as well.

Attachments

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
BigSwad, that is an AWESOME buck!
(4:00 pm in the afternoon too) Did you notice all of that trash staring around the bases? several nice kickers starting up there.

BigSwad

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments. Yeah we tried counting and roughly came up with 14 points. We were really excited. We take a laptop down with us and we looked at those pictures all night long. Super happy with how they turned out. And we got a couple of others that dont look that far behind this one. We are real happy with the way its going so far.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
nice bucks you got there Bigswad.
When do you get to hunt them first?

BigSwad

Reaction score
Not until November Jesse. On our lease, she doesnt allow us to hunt during bow season in October. But there are not alot of bowhunters in the area that we are aware of, so that should help us. So hopefully we will get to see him sometime in November. I will say that on my other buddies Leaf River IR, there were some more good buck pics as well, this one included. There were at least 2 others that were possible shooters as well. We are really excited. I will try and post some of the IR pics once he sends them to me.

I will also be taking down my homebrew this next trip to setup and get going as well. I need to finish one other homebrew. Both are Olympus D360L's with universal Pixcontroller boards.

Brushbuck

Reaction score
WOW Big Swad!! I bet your eyes popped out of your head when you got to that picture. For sure.

BigSwad

Reaction score
Brush buck we were looking at these in our camper that night after downloading them. My 350 pounds was making that trailer do all kinds of things while i was dancing and slappin high 5's! I am just glad Tauras puts good floors in their Prowlers...LOL

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Hey BigSwad, did you check the cams this weekend?? I've been hoping to see some more action from that buck (and others). I think I did a lil dance for you when I saw that big'n too

BigSwad

Reaction score
Sorry Lan-lord. We only go down about once a month during the offseason to fill feeders. We should have some more then. I finally got some of the IR pics from my buddy on the other camera. I will try and post them in the next few days.

Top Bottom