gizz

Reaction score
For those Lurker's (we know your here) that don't think they want to tackle the task of building their own trailcam alot of the commercial units are coming down in price. Jesse has a lot of them reviewed on his main web site and this one http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/non-typical.html seems to be well equiped at only $209. This is certainly becoming a viable option for those that don't want to build their own.
I like building my own and enjoyed to the learning process as well but I can honestly say that if this DC-100 unit was around for $209 when I first started looking I may have never built one. Buying new components and the more expensive GE 9V Pir I now spend about $120 per cam NOT including my time. Add to that the fact that I currently have no timer device/settings, no security device yet and no warranty (this one comes with 2 years) I'd have to say "These cams are not a bad deal at all".
Not trying to disuade anyone from building one, just let you know that the savings are not as great as they used to be BUT the enjoyment of building and using your own is still worth it to me.

gizz

Reaction score
Of course your not factoring in your time either. For some of us "time is money".

I was just pointing out to some folk that they can purchase a fully equipped model for a decent price and be in business.

Of course they and their pics would still be welcomed here!

russ

Reaction score
HELLO HOMEBREWERS I'M NOT THAT CHEEP,JUST FINANCIALLY CHALLENGED.BUT I CAN AFFORD A PIR THIS WEEK,A CAMERA IN LAYAWAY AND SLOWLY OBTAIN PARTS FOR A UNIT.AND THERES NO BETTER JOY THAN A PAWN SHOP CAM FOR 10 DOLLARS.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Before you buy from Non-typical you may want to read the comments from users I have posted on the cam webpage.

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/non-typical.html

I get emails from Non-typical owners who are trying to contact them. There is no E-mail or phone number listed on their webpage and from the emails, they are really hard to get ahold of on the phone.

From my experience and past problems, I don't do business with any company that has no or poor customer service. One way to test a company is call and say you have a broken product and see how your are treated. Long waits on hold and the run around is not what you want.

Caveat Emptor.

Reaction score
the comments sounded pretty good to me. About three real good comments and one who kinda complained but those didnt sound like major issues to me and then he finished with saying how good the pictures are.

I just hope i can find one at about $200
:smile-big-blue:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Well, if you want a taste of their customer service, try and find a phone number, email or anything on how to contact them. Good luck if you have any problems with the unit. If you do happen to find out anything, let me know, I have about 20 people trying to get a hold of them and I'm sure I'll be getting more emails on how to get ahold of them.
Thanks.

gizz

Reaction score
Oooops, maybe I spoke to soon. I was looking at the price vs what you get and nothing else. Maybe I have to "pull" my recommendation. Stick to Home-Brew I suppose. But then again I have no warranty on mine, hence no customer support - Unless of course I call you guys Customer Support :confused-yellow:

BackWoods

Reaction score
Hey guys I have 2 of the DC100's.  I love them.  I had 2 SX500"s and had to send them back to the company.  They were very helpful.  I thought there costomer service was fantastic.  If anyone needs the phone number, feel free to email me.
segg@vbe.com

(Edited by BackWoods at 9:14 pm on Dec. 18, 2001)

whitetail1070

Reaction score
If your like me, part of the fun is building it yourself and actually seeing it function just as good or better than one of those factory models.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I guess I need to retract part of my statement about Non Typical and their customer service. I got a couple of emails from some people who were able to find their phone number and they said they were treated well. I posted their number on my cam review webpage for future reference.

I don't know why Non Typical makes it's so hard to get a hold of them if they have decent service. No email address has been found yet for them also.

Reaction score
I just got a dc-100 the other day. The pics on the first roll were very good and it seems like a really good unit!  The phone number was on the paperwork i got.

Happy so far!

Rick
:shades-smoke:

Reaction score
just thought i would let everyone know. I called the deer cam company today to try to get a duplicate instruction manual. Mine was a display and i didnt get one.  

They were very helpful and courteos and mailed me one out today free of charge and answered all my questions.

rick
:toast-yellow:

bmulley

Reaction score
like most of the other home-brewers, I get a kick out of building something that actually works.  But, this dc-100 sounds really good...the following link has some good stuff on this model for those that are interested...If I could afford it, I might even supplement my home-brewed collection.  They are also coming out with an updated model that can save documented activities to be downloaded to pc for event tracking...sounds intriquing but pricey.  Merry Christmas all.
http://www.outdoorelectronics.com/dc-100_instr.htm

T

the hairless one

I am going to set mine up today. I am very impressed so far. Seems very easy to use. The camera is very nice and smooth. Great photos. Nice
casing! I can lock it up with a padlock but they could still steal it if they want to bad enough.

I did get some good pics from my hog hunting trip with it.Maybe i can post them if i can figure out how.

Rick:smile-big-blue:

gizz

Reaction score
hairless one - Please let us know how your first setup goes. I'm interested in this unit as a recommendation to some freinds who have no interest in building their own. Seems this unit has everything but the stories about customer support have me worrying a bit. Thanks.

BackWoods

Reaction score
Gizz I would highly recommend the DC100 to anyone.  I had the SX500 and had nothing but problems with that, and now Non-Typical is replacing it with the DC100.  I have had my DC100 for about 6 months and love it.  It is very easy to use and I have had NO false pictures with itl.  Dont worry about the worries everyone here seems to have about costomer service.  They are very helpful and friendly.  Just tell them to keep the instruction manuel, that has there phone number on it.

Top Bottom