Good Read on the Sicko at 1600

billrob

Reaction score
On reading George Bush's discourse to the New York Economic Club last week, Cicero's insight came to mind: "To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."

With Iraq entering its sixth year, the dollar sinking to peso levels, the economy careening into recession, and 12 million to 20 million illegal aliens roosting here, Bush alerted us to what really worries him:

"I'm troubled by isolationism and protectionism ... (and) another 'ism,' and that's nativism. And that's what happened throughout our history. And probably the most grim reminder of what can happen to America during periods of isolationism and protectionism is what happened in the late -- in the '30s, when we had this America First policy and Smoot-Hawley. And look where it got us."

Let us try to sort out this dog's breakfast.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/31458.html

rcrosby

Reaction score
Wow, good article Billrob. I seriously have to wonder if Bush is still all there mentally. I know he is just reading a script that was put together by some neo-con schmuck and is only a pawn in the whole scheme of things. But wow.... I use to say despite all his shortcomings I would enjoy to sit down and have a beer with Bush. Lets just say if he magically appeared at my front door we wouldn't be having beers nor would he sit one of his filthy feet in my home.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
I am not the worlds greatest fan of Buchanan but after reading that article i wish he would of prevailed in the 1992 election. I wish Buchanan was young and rich enough to run again.

Leftyhunter

easymoney

Reaction score
I too am a fan of pat buchannan's simply because he brings historic logic to the table, it's all out there for the masses to see, if only they cared enough to look...

Advertisement

Top Bottom