Good weekend!

Possum

Reaction score
Finally got on some workable birds.  The first one was on 4/6 at 11:00a, reg time.  Called in across a planted corn field while cold calling with a Primos Heartbreaker Box.  21lbs. 11" beard 1" spurs.  Nice bird.
http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamP...amp;PhotoID=874

Second bird was Sat evening right before dark.  There were three longbeards strutting around a bearded hen and two other hens.  Finally came my way and I shot the little one.  14.5 lbs. 9.75" beard and 1" spurs.  Adult bird just tiny.

The third bird came Sun Morning at 6:45am.  I called him in for my cousin who shot him.  Came in to a fly down with a wing and two soft yelps from a diaphram I made.  18lbs. 9.75" beard and 1" spurs.  Good two year old.  He gobbled up a storm on the roost.  We worked two more birds off the property trying to entice them in.  They were coming well until the Amtrak came by at 90 mph.  Kind of made them get the cold turkey syndrome.

The fourth bird I killed at 9:00am same morning.  One bird gobbled as I walked through the leaves.  I called and he answered.  Then another bird started gobbling.  The second bird came in strutting and I dropped him at 40 yds. He is my overall biggest bird yet.  20lbs. 12" beard and 1.25" spurs.
http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamP...amp;PhotoID=876

Remember guys. Determination is the key.  When you think there are no birds around one will always suprise you.  Just thought you all would like to see some pics.

(Edited by Possum at 6:39 pm on April 8, 2002)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Possum >> Congratulations on those fine gobblers. Our season opens here in NC this Saturday. Can't wait. Although I have had a little taste already in Florida for three days.

Very noce birds. Thanks for showing them off.

haftahunt

Reaction score
Possum, congrats on your birds! I got lucky on a nice Oklahoma rio this weekend. had to stalk in on him because they havent broken up yet, and he wouldnt come in. After a 200 yard crouch and cwarl, he was harvested after breeding one of the hens. He was 18 lbs, had a 8 3/8 in beard, and 1 1/4 inch spurs.

(Edited by haftahunt at 9:05 pm on April 8, 2002)

Yankee

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like a great weekend! Congrats! and those are some great stats on your birds too! :smile-yellow::smile-yellow:

Tominator

Reaction score
Congrats Possum! You too Haftahunt, good job on the Rio!
Tominator

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Dang Possum, 3 birds in 3 days. If I send you my lucky rabbit's foot can you fix it? Congrats on the toms. That one tom looks huge. A friend of mine has one of them Heartbreaker box calls and I've always liked the sound of it. I think if I have any money left in the bank I may just order me one for this year.

Welby

Reaction score
Good birds, Possum, good birds!  Way to go!

In the first picture, it looks like you jellied his head!

Top Bottom