Goodbye, California

D3Lifer

Reaction score
I've decided to take a job offer in Illinois to work for a Lake and Pond management company. It's located about 50 miles NW of Chicago. The work will last until October, but Bow season opens there on Oct. 1, and the deer rut in early November, so I'm probably just gonna take a point here in Cali, and remain there to hunt until I kill enough deer(can shoot 2 bucks and as many does as you want to buy tags for).I may come home earlier for the youth deer hunt if my son draws, but color me gone as of tax day. I'll keep in touch now and again to let y'all know how the fishing and hunting is out there. Good luck to all of you drawing tags this year. Happy Huntin', Frank.

Tominator

Reaction score
Good luck man! Soooo, you gonna change your name to D3Parttimer?

bodega

Reaction score
Good luck on your move Frank! What city are you moving to? I went to college in De Kalb and have fond memories of the area. There's a bit of fishing in the Chain-of-Lakes area, and the Fox River is recovering. If you can get access to private land, the hunting can be outstanding. Little public land in that area.

D3Lifer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodega @ Apr 5 2008, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good luck on your move Frank! What city are you moving to? I went to college in De Kalb and have fond memories of the area. There's a bit of fishing in the Chain-of-Lakes area, and the Fox River is recovering. If you can get access to private land, the hunting can be outstanding. Little public land in that area.[/b]
Hey Bodega, I'm going to be living in Algonquin, about half a mile from the Fox River. My employer is setting me up in a house on 100 acres of soybeans. I will have access to several prime spots on private property to bowhunt. It really is a special place if you like to hunt Whitetail. The deer there are huge. I grew up in the area, and have fished the Fox and Chain extensively. I'm really looking forward to spending a season there to catch up with friends and family and enjoying the outdoor opportunities. I will miss my beloved high desert home in Plumas County though, and hope that my son draws his J-19 tag so that I can come up and share his first hunt.

p.s. thanks for the comments guys. I'll start posting up any fishing/ hunting pics as they are made available. I should have some trail cam pics within a month or so.

Tominator, I'll always be D3lifer, as I intend to continue to live at least part time in plumas county for as long as I am able. Let's just say that those cagy D3 bucks are gonna get a break from me this year.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Good luck on the move, and those Illinois bucks are known for being MONSTERS!!!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom