Goose Decoys at Sac Refuge needed??

Duck Assassin

Reaction score
I have hunted Sac NWR a couple of times this year. I was asking for some advice from the Sac hunters. Does a 6-12 Snow deeks help?? For the most part I saw geese just heading for the closed zone with some low flyig groups. Have you found that a few deks bring them down closer??

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
I haul a 4 speck and 4 snow decoys usually. Since specks are closed a few snows won't hurt but I doubt it'll help much. Sometimes single specks will decoy but you need quite a few snow decoys to get flocks to dip and take a closer look.

CaRudeDogg

Reaction score
I almost always take 5 snow and 4 canadain more to help with the ducks. I have found they work pretty good in the fog as some come down for a closer look.  I had 12 specs working my set when someone a pond over shot and they took off.  But mostly I think they make me feel better.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
I thought they mad me feel better too.  I feel a lot better now that I don't carry them around.
Almost all white geese are pass shots. they rarly decoy.
Spec season is  another story pairs and singles are decoyed quite often.

CaRudeDogg

Reaction score
I got tired of humping the dekes and made a cart I can take 200 alone with no problem.  I have about 100 but rarely take that many.

rodngun

Reaction score
When I used to hunt the refuges a lot I would always bring 3-6 snow goose decoys to Sac or Delevan. Many times I had single, juvenile snows come right in and meet my dinner table. If you don't bring them you always wish you did and when you do bring them they are more trouble than it's worth. Pick your poison....

Top Bottom