Goose Hunt Pics

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Baldplate,

I didn't weigh them but they wre on the heavy side.

I shot both of mine on Sat. and Marty shot two on Sunday. The last bird of the day was unusual. We were getting ready to call it and we were standing around talking with the blinds wide open. Marty got out to go the the boys room when he noticed one of the dekes moving. He nearly pissed himself when realizing dekes don't eat. He quietly asked for his gun with a trimble in his voice (we all thought he was  going to shoot a 747 decoy ) when all of a sudden a huge Honker took to the air. He nailed it and brought our count to 2 for Sunday.
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/fo...tts/marty-2.jpg

So now I'm not convinced that calling is as important. Just good decoy spreads and stupid honkers will do for now.
sp

(Edited by wingman at 7:42 am on Jan. 19, 2002)

Greenhead

Reaction score
Is that a propane cylinder in the blind? As in heated blind? Wow, fancy stuff and a couple great birds to boot.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Greenhead,

Yes Sir, propane heaters!

This club is first class. If you ever look into hunting there, make sure you ask for "Grundy". He is the best guide you can find in Cibola.
sp

Jay

Reaction score
The best way to call birds is to take a leak.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Ah, you were on a guided hunt. For some reason I thought you were on a refuge, and I thought I had finally figured out why Jay loves those blinds at Sac and Delevan so much. :) Blew that theory to snot.

Advertisement

Top Bottom