goose huntin

Fubar

Reaction score
Anybody going goose hunting in Tule area? Do you get any specs or are they mostly honkers? What decoys do you use and how many?        Thanx    Fubar

Baldplate

Reaction score
I am not going to Tule Lake this year because of the water situation, but that is the first time in over 25 years that I have not gone. In the past I was setting out about 20 dozen goose decoys(mixed Honkers,and snows), which worked good. More recently I have just been using 4-5 dozen 747 honker decoys and it works good on the Specks and Snows and of coarse honkers. I would also try setting out a dozen or two Mallard field decoys. I have shot as many mallards in the fields as I have in the marsh. If you ever could get alittle rain and you are set up in some standing grain, you will be in for some of the most exciting duck hunting around. Good luck on you trip let us knoe how you do.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Limits of Spec's early saturday. Soon as we were limited on Geese the Honkers were everywhere. Oh well.

We usually set 3 doz 747's 6 doz silho's 2 doz mag shells and 5 doz Mallard shells.

Sunday was real slow. With no water shooting going on the birds had a safe route all around Lower K.

Fubar

Reaction score
EA Thanx for the report. How did the other geese hunters do?        Fubar

(Edited by Fubar at 7:10 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

E A Hunt

Reaction score
If ya had enough banana's a monkey could have shot two Spec's. Everybody I saw did well on the Geese. Some had  a few ducks some had none.

All but one of our's were older bar bellies.  The young ones were going kamikazi.

I ran out of banana's Sunday. It was slow for ducks and specs. There were a few flocks of LeRoys flyin around though.

I'll be back up their the 18th 19th and 20th if I can keep up with  the todo list around here.
They need to open up some water units. Even if they are motorless only at least it would get the birds moving.
Also.......A lot of the grain that was planted was still being cut. That should be done in a week or two out on grain 7 and grain 9.

Top Bottom