GOOSE SEASON????

C

CaliDuckHunter

I only shot one honker this year how was everyone elses???

Fubar

Reaction score
I didnt keep a count but I probably got about 20 Honkers last season. Didnt hunt for ducks but I could have taken a couple.                 Fubar

Grumpy

Reaction score
Mine was dismal to say the least!
It started out by driving the 400 miles to where I go and getting half way there and realizing I forgot my decoys!
I did stop on the way and bought 3 of them huge shell decoys though.
Then come opening day,which usually means me in a field all by my lonesome.This guy and his wife are in there and are calling way too much for my style.Then the geese would come to my 3 decoys and from across the field they'd start sky blasting! I quickly gave up and went hunting prairie chickens,which was by far more productive.I got 8 prairie chickens 3 coons and a skunk if memory serves me right

Fubar

Reaction score
Grumpy sorry to hear about your trip. If I forgot my decoys that means I would have left my trailer at home.     Fubar

jerry d

Reaction score
Didn't see many Canadas where I hunted but we did pretty good on the specks. Only thing that saved the last half of the season.

Got one in the last hour of the season.

Duke

Reaction score
Four of us limited out in 1 1/2 hours one of the two times we went.  We already had two before we were setup.

Jay

Reaction score
One Snow, one Honker last year. It was a slow one. Usually I'll get 4 -5 Snows and a Speck or two thrown in.

I'm mainly hunting for ducks so geese are incidental.

(Edited by Jay at 8:47 am on July 11, 2001)

mudroller

Reaction score
I did alot better on geese last year than ducks. Got about 15 specks, 8-10 honkers and 20+/- snows/ross. I pretty much got a limit of geese every day.  Only got 20-25 ducks but I was hunting where the geese wanted to be and I don't think ducks like to hang with geese that much. They kinda remind me of my exwife, tough ,mean old birds.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom