Gore Used Fictional Video to Illustrate ‘Inconvenient Truth’

easymoney

Reaction score
"On Friday, it was revealed by ABC News that one of the famous shots of supposed Antarctic ice shelves in the film was actually a computer-generated image from the 2004 science fiction blockbuster "The Day After Tomorrow."

"SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Al Gore's 2006 documentary, 'An Inconvenient Truth," makes the same point with actual video of ice shelves calving. Which shots have more impact?

AL GORE (FORMER UNITED STATES VICE PRESIDENT)

And if you were flying over it in a helicopter, you'd see it's 700 feet tall. They are so majestic.

SAM CHAMPION (ABC NEWS)

(Voiceover) Wait a minute, that shot looks just like the one in the opening credits of "The Day After Tomorrow."

KAREN GOULEKAS (VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR)

Yeah, that's, that's our shot. That's a fully computer generated shot. There's nothing real in there."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard...onvenient-truth

What say you algore?

Dingo Dog

Reaction score
Almost daily more facts are coming out that point out the lies spewed by Democrats around the country intended to mislead people on global warming. I wonder why the media isn't reporting this anywhere. I first heard about this when the movie came out just briefly, but it was shut down by the media real quick.

easymoney

Reaction score
hunting,
I saw just saw it today and sorry to say but it is still a crock...

Orygun

Reaction score
One thing I like to remember is commentary from the people that pimped Global Warming and the Kyoto Treaty from the beginning. Comments like this from the Rio summit that led to the Kyoto Accord.

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialised civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?” — Maurice Strong, head of the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro and Executive Officer for Reform in the Office of the Secretary General of the United Nations.

Common Sense

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HuntingAnywhere @ Apr 24 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i agree. the only great thing al gore did was not run for president again.[/b]

Maybe, but....

After the 801st ballot at the dem convention and Obama & Clinton are still fighting for the nomination; reckon whose gonna say "Put me in coach"?

Orygun

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I was also proud to stand up for the ethanol tax exemption when it was under attack in the Congress -- at one point, supplying a tie-breaking vote in the Senate to save it. The more we can make this home-grown fuel a successful, widely-used product, the better-off our farmers and our environment will be.[/b]
It's his fault that the world is starving and we have to pay more for ethanol blends.

Top Bottom