Gorrilla Hang On Stands

lanole

Reaction score
I need some advice guys. I have used ladder and mostly climbing stands all my life. Just recently a buddy of mine horsetraded with me and I ended up with a Gorrilla Kong Hang-On stand. The platform is huge. It looks perfect for bowhunting out of. Only problem is I have no earthly idea how to hang the thing 20-30 feet up in a tree. I have fiddled with it a little on a pine tree in the back yard and I can't hang the thing standing on the ground much less up a tree. You guys that use these types of stands have any suggestions or tricks? What type of strap or chain do you use to secure it to a tree? I tried a regular ratchet type strap without finding any safe method for up a tree? The stand looks good and I would love to use it provided I can find a way to hang it. Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
I would suggest climbing up the tree and anchoring a "T" lag bolt at the height that you want to place the stand, then haul the stand up and hang it on the "T" lag bolt. From there you should be able to fasten the ratchet straps, since your hands will be free from having to hold the stand in place. One of the stands I purchased came with a "T" lag bolt, others didn't, but you can take a 3/8"x 4" lagbolt and cut off the hex end and weld a 3/8"x4" long steel stock to make it into a "T". Hang it by resting the stand on any horizontal brace that is above your platform, probably up near or above where the seat is. I am not familliar with the stand that you have, but it must have some sort of horizontal bracing, usually 1" square steel stock.

Good Luck!

Calif. Buck

Reaction score
I have a Gorilla SilverBack, aluminum. I personally use the Cabela's climbing sticks, the ladder type, first put these onto tree, using a safety belt the whole time, have a rope tied to my belt which is tied to the stand, once up the tree I haul up the stand, tie off the rope that's attached to the stand to a limp above where I wish to place it, put strap around the tree, make sure the stand is folded flat, if need be use a little "bungee" cord to keep stand folded flat, cinch the stand real tight then open stand to it's regular position and you are done. Hope this helps you, good luck!!

lanole

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I plan to incorporate both ideas. For a little bit their I was wondering why in the world would anybody buy one of these stands. I can see how with the "T" lag and rope things would be a lot easier. My safety harness has the ability to be used in a manner similar to a linesman's belt which should help make things a little less dangerous I hope. Thanks again for your input.

sittin duck

Reaction score
I use a rock climbing harness that secures around my waist so I can hang and do my thing

Latest Posts

Top Bottom