Got a Beagle howling picture

NatureBoy

Reaction score
Developed a roll last night and got all does and lots of fawns and one picture of a beagle. Not just an ordinary beagle pic, but centered in front of my cam, broadside w/his front legs up on a log, neck stretched out howling to the sky or perhaps a treed coon/squirrel.   I absolutely couldn't believe that it was so perfect, catching him in mid howl.

I will try to scan it over the weekend and post it for all to see.  

Amazing.

NB

I hun

bandit4649

Reaction score
hey natureboy,  Would love to see the beagle!  I am a beagle owner and think it would be a cool pic... A got my first roll of film over the weekend and had a few pics of some does and fawns but only one buck ( a small 4pt) I had moved the cam around and the day after getting the buck on film, I got 13 pics of nothing but sunlight in the trees..... had it facing due east and in a cedar thicket.  Guess I didnt heed the warnings on this site.  I was in a hurry to get some pics and wasn't thinkin.  I will definitely post some pics when I get some big ones.......
Bandit

Tinhorn

Reaction score
A beagle taught me how to call crows about a hunnert years ago.  I was hidden in a downed tree mimicking some crows, just lazy caw caw, but with no results like usuall.  This was about the 12th time I tried to call some in over the months and I figured calling crows just didn't work.  They'd answer but thats all, till the Beagle appeared.

He didn't see me as he was checking out the brush-pile I was in and I figured I'd scare the wits out of him and gave a BLAST on the call.  It was so sudden and loud, he didn't know where the noise came from and just froze!  So I BLASTED again.....this time he turned his head sideways, like the RCA Victor Dog and I thought it was funny and gave him another BLAST (he still didn't see me) and I gave him several more BLASTS

All of a sudden, a dozen crows came busting in, dive bombing the dog, etc.....I emptied my 12 ga and missed them all, the dog gave me a funny look, you know the one, when you miss before a dog.....the crows left in a hurry but I now knew how to get them in.....it's worked like a charm ever since, don't call "Subdued" when calling crows - make a ruckess.......

Tiinhorn

Top Bottom